devel - arc2webarc problems

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Petr Prazak <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: arc2webarc problems
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:22:47 +0200

Hello Sympa developers,

I'm switching to Sympa from Majordomo, and I wanted to convert the
list archives to Sympa.

I have created a simple script to convert the Mj archive files to
the Sympa rfc934 log files.

Then I wanted to recreate the web archives and I found a few problems
with the Sympa scripts.

1. The arc2webarc.pl script is missing few lines so it fails
everytime, I assume it is quite old and the Sympa internals
have changed since then. The attached patch will fix it.

2. The archived.pl runs the mhonarc via system function.
(Un)fortunately, I have lists, which have non-letter characters in
its names, like 'motobike-cz'. The mhonarc fails silently when the
rebuilding of the archive for such a list. Therefore the list
parameter must be escaped by apostrophes. I have also added a simple
logging if the command fails. The patch is attached.

3. The submodules are referring to the hash $main::options, so all
main modules should define the hash %options to keep Perl happy.

Best regards,
Petr Prazak