devel - RE: [sympa-dev] Read access on CVS tree

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: "Nicolas Brouard" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-dev] Read access on CVS tree
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:36:28 +0100

Well!

I downloaded the last tree with a CVS command. And I looked through the WEB
too. Very nice.

In the new installation Makefile there is a script which says to add new
columms in the DB but it is not written to enlarge the password size from 20
to 40. So be careful if you run crypt-passwd.pl befor enlarging. It will
work and people will loose their password which will be shortened.

No matter because if they ask for a forgotten password they will receive an
new password. That is nice and the correct way.
But unfortunately, if you ask again for your password, sympa will send you
your forgotten password. I still think that it is a bad idea. It is a much
better idea to send a new long password and to ask people to change with
their own password.

Otherwise I feel very happy not to be able to discover my colleagues
passwords. Thanks!

I have a problem with the 2 lines
<!--RCS Identification ;
blank line

which are in front of at least each wws_template.

The consequence is that the "From:" is not read and the message is sent as
from 'Nobody'.

I don't know what is the best solution to substitute these two lines within
the install process.

Nicolas Brouard
Institut national d'études démographiques
133 Boulevard Davout
75980 Paris
mailto:address@concealed