devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Question: sympa & LDAP & future

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Question: sympa & LDAP & future
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 15:55:01 +0100

Tanel Kokk wrote:

> Hello developers!
>
> I have discovered Sympa as quite nice listserver product. Especially I like
> LDAP
> connectivity.
>
> However, as I have understood, there are only Read-Only functionality for
> LDAP.
> Are there any plans
> to implement Read-Write LDAP connectivity?

First development in this topic is to allow LDAP authentication.
Then we plans to introduce LDAP (and SQL) query in scenario, the goal
is to check in a LDAP directory the properties of someone to allow or
disallow an operation. Example : checking in the
university directory if some one is a student or a teacher to show him
a adapted list of lists.

Using LDAP for internal subscriber storage is less interesting. What would
be the goal ? Allow access to some external application to test if someone
if subscriber a some some list using LDAP ? This should be done using
the LDAP gateway for MySQL which provide LDAP access to some MySQL database.

Am I wrong ? Can you describe your needs ?

Serge Aumont Comité Réseaux des Universités
Campus Beaulieu
35042 Rennes Cedex +33 2 998 471 47