devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Strange behaviour?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Strange behaviour?
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 15:40:11 +0200

Josep Román wrote:
> [...]
> The same list's welcome message file says:
>
> Welcome to the list '[listname]@[sympa_host]',

This is the old-style for welcome messages.
You should use templates, ie rename your welcome welcome.tpl and move
it either in ~sympa/etc/templates or ~sympa/expl/<yourlist>/welcome.tpl

> so the user gets the zuerich-see.ch domain and I'd like to give her the
> correct one, afac.net in this case.
>
> What variable should I use in order to get the correct domain printed?

The equivalent of your current welcome message would be :
Welcome to the list '[list->name]@[list->host]'

The default welcome.tpl distributed with sympa is a good example of
how far you can go. Please find enclosed the latest one.

The documentation
Templates format
http://listes.cru.fr/sympa/distribution/current/doc/sympa/node7.html#SECTION00720000000000000000

List's templates