devel - [sympa-dev] way are we going (was statistics)

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] way are we going (was statistics)
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 13:54:14 +0200

> Dear sympa developers,
>
> I wonder if there is any way (or you planned that for next releases) to
> have statistics per user/list (same that Sympa already has per list).

The stat file in the list directory is so poor that it is unusefull.
We think that we should create 1 new table in the rdbms . Foreach
event store a new record in this table with the user mail, the
listname, the message size, etc . Then it should be
extremly easy to prepare WWSympa pages for statistics.

Currently, we are working in various direction :
- editing list configuration
- smime features
- introducing a way to share the wwsympa authentication with some
other web application
- pluging of commercial antivirus
- decoding multipart/messages
- introducing contextual help in WWSympa
- ...
- installing CVS
- new makefiles
- new rpms
- ...

All thoses things seems more important than statistics, so you are
welcome to contribute :) to statistics or to one of thoses items.

  • [sympa-dev] user statistics?, Josep Román, 05/25/2000
    • [sympa-dev] way are we going (was statistics), Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites, 05/25/2000