devel - [sympa-dev] Archive search

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: "David Segonds" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] Archive search
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 18:16:51 -0600

Hello,

First of all a short presentation. My organization asked me to install a
mailing list system available through the web for our internal needs and
customers. I chose sympa, wwsympa, mhonarc. I am new to this system and it
took me approximatively two days to install the whole stuff.

I am migrating a system that allows archive search and I would like to see
the same kind of feature in wwsympa.
To my understanding, it is not yet available.

I propose to implement this feature using htdig and I can spend
approximatively a full day per week on this task (sys admin is far from
being my "normal" work).

I will provide patches on wwwsympa.fcgi and others as soon as something is
available.

I need your input to specify he archive search mechanism. I see a something
similar to the one installed for mhonarc:

1. Periodically, a index is built using htdig
2. Archive page shows a simple form that call a routine in wwsympa.
3. wwsympa.fcgi that will display the result of the search.
URL for mhonarc html documents are translated into URL under /wws
so we are keeping the benefit of the authentification.

I am pretty sure it is feasible? What do you think? Any help will be
appreciated.

David.
--
address@concealed Tel: +1-713-787-0746x14 Fax: +1-713-787-0852