announce - [sympa-announce] Sympa 6.2 beta 3 released!

Subject: Announcements of new sympa release

  • From: <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [sympa-announce] Sympa 6.2 beta 3 released!
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 14:52:35 +0100

Title: Sympa 6.2 beta 3 released [Sympa mailing list server]

Sympa 6.2 beta 3 released

January 30, 2015

RENATER is proud to release the newest version of Sympa to the open-source community.

Sympa 6.2b.3 is the latest beta release of the new major version of Sympa.

This version mainly fixes a few bugs. Thanks to the beta testers for finding them - especially B. Eliassen for the install bugs.

It also introduces the following changes:

  • create_db scripts for MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite were dropped. Use sympa.pl –health_check instead.
  • Tracking: DSN and MDN are no longer stored into database table: They are stored into bounce directory by each list. Additionally, notifications may be shown in a separate viewbounce page, instead of loading all notifications at the time of showing tracking index page.

Translators needed!

As you may - or may not - know, Sympa is translated into a dozen languages. But we have far more translations projects ongoing.

While the beta is going on, it is the perfect time to improve Sympa translation for your prefered language.

We use the Pootle translation tool, which allows you to easily edit online Sympa translation for your language. If you feel like contributing to Sympa but you don't like code, well spending a few minutes translating a few strings on this server is an easy way to do so.

New translations are added to the Sympa distribution each time we tag a new version.

So if you want to make the easiest contribution ever to Sympa, please go there and translate ! ;)

The Sympa software is provided by RENATER
Faq | News | Contact | Legal Notices

  • [sympa-announce] Sympa 6.2 beta 3 released!, david.verdin, 01/30/2015