announce - [sympa-announce] Sympa 6.1.14 (Élias) released

Subject: Announcements of new sympa release

  • From: <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [sympa-announce] Sympa 6.1.14 (Élias) released
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 17:02:40 +0200

Title: Sympa 6.1.14 (Élias) released [Sympa mailing list server]

Sympa 6.1.14 (Élias) released

Here is Sympa 6.1.14 (Élias), the latest stable version of Sympa.

OK, the last announce was about the 6.1.11 version. What happenned to 12 and 13? They existed and were functionnal, but they suffered from some troubles, particularly at install time. So we didn't announce them and just tagged them; fixed the troubles and now we have a fully functionnal 6.1.14.

Sympa 6.1.14 (Élias) took benefit from the very important activity of Soji Ikeda who, over the last two months, fixed a log of bugs and provided several improvments to the overall behaviour of Sympa. Long known for his works for a better support for internationalization in perl and messenging (see the CPAN modules MIME::Charset or Encode::MIME::EncWords for example) Soji is also deeply involved in Sympa and became the first Sympa core developper outside RENATER. That means he's the only one except for the Sympa authors to be allowed to commit directly into our SVN repository.

Feature

Sympa 6.1.14 (Élias) introduces a new feature: User friendly automatic lists. This feature was requested and funded by the CNRS. In short, it allows end-users to create and find automatic lists using the Sympa web interface. Please read the dedicated documentation to learn more about this feature.

Changes

This version contains several improvments / changes to Sympa:

  • Improved Marc::Search (S. Ikeda):
    • Now it also gives rich text information. arcsearch template was modified so that it would build HTML text from that information.
    • Strip HTML tags in the file generated from HTML message. Entity references are also unescaped.
    • Texts are handled as Unicode instead of binary text to perform case-insensitive match on non-ASCII characters.
  • Improved handle of “Re:” munging in messages subjects with internationalized support (S. Ikeda);
  • Replaced the “en_US” locale by “en”, saving English speaking users the effort to install the en_US locale when they don't have it (inspired by J. Gilbey);
  • By default, arcsearch (simple) searches in current month and in the previous non-empty one (S. Ikeda);

Bug fixes

The new version of Sympa includes also several bug fixes among which:

  • Fixed the database creation scripts,
  • List table was not populated upon command line list creation,
  • SOAP 'add' function reset subscriber's password (S. Ikeda)
  • [#1254][Reported by Olivier Duval] List logs page did not behave as expected, sorting failed and selecting a message to trace ended with a _javascript_ error.
  • [#1031][Reported by Emmanuel Eyer] Lists remained in memory cache after purge in processes, so if a new list was created with the same name it “inherited” some outdated parameters, especially param_constraint entries when using list famillies. Also the list table was not purged.
  • [#3918] HTML tags escaped in search results (S. Ikeda).
  • The DKIM signature sent by Sympa were broken when admin used the “dkim_header_list” parameter. This parameter had no effect on the DKIM module but changed the DKIM header “h=”. The “dkim_header_list” parameter is now obsolete. Default RFC 4871 headers are now used.

Internationalization

Several translations were updated. Thanks a lot to the generous contributors 1) who spent time improving the Sympa internationalization:

  • English 2) (J. Gibley)
  • French (RENATER)
  • Portuguese (Brazil) (R. Manola)
  • Japanese (S. Ikeda)
  • Polish
  • Spanish (D. Viñar Ulriksen)
  • Italian
  • Portuguese
  • Dutch (I. Verdonck)
  • Finnish (J.P. Paloposki)
  • Galician (X. Mosquera)

Check the sympa.org web site for detailed description of this release...

1) A side note to translators: Please remember to log in to the Pootle server when submitting improved trnaslations, or we will never know who did this translations. We would really like to at least thank you when we release new versions including your work.
2) Yes, we speak such a bad English that we need Native English contributors to fix it. Thanks again, guys!

The Sympa software is provided by RENATER
Faq | News | Contact | Legal Notices

  • [sympa-announce] Sympa 6.1.14 (Élias) released, david.verdin, 07/27/2012