announce - [sympa-announce] Translating Sympa user interface on pootle.sympa.org

Subject: Announcements of new sympa release

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <>
  • To: sympa-announce <>
  • Subject: [sympa-announce] Translating Sympa user interface on pootle.sympa.org
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 12:08:29 +0100

We have just started a new service on <pootle.sympa.org> to ease the translation work on Sympa.

This new service, based on Pootle software, allows translators to work online, without software installation overhead. It also ease cooperation between translators that can share the work for one language.

Internationalization was a major concern that raised in the Sympa survey responses (we'll publish the results shortly). Therefore, you're more than welcome to contribute on <pootle.sympa.org> for your native languages (including English if you want to fix our Globish ;-). If you want to start translating Sympa in a new language, contact us first, we will initialize the new catalog.

We hope Sympa will speak even more languages in the future...

  • [sympa-announce] Translating Sympa user interface on pootle.sympa.org, Olivier Salaün - CRU, 11/29/2006