announce - Sympa 3.2 released

Subject: Announcements of new sympa release

  • From: Olivier Salaun <>
  • To: , , , ,
  • Subject: Sympa 3.2 released
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 16:47:35 +0200

Sympa 3.2 is available at http://listes.cru.fr/sympa

The complete Changelog :
http://listes.cru.fr/sympa/direct/release.shtml

You can download Sources and RPMs from our website :
http://listes.cru.fr/sympa/

New features :

o Antivirus plugin, currently working with McAfee Uvscan and FSecure FSAV
(N. Euzen)

o Translations to Hungrian (V. Szilard)
o Templates translated to Portuguese (R. Filgueira Prates)
o Mail templates translated to German (H. Wilhelmi)

o Reply feature from web archives

Changes :

X For enhanced performences, we recommend you add an INDEX to your sympa
database.
This
fasten the queries based on the subscriber email :
With MySQL :
ALTER TABLE subscriber_table ADD INDEX
(user_subscriber,list_subscriber);
With PostgreSQL :
CREATE INDEX subscriber_idx ON subscriber_table
(user_subscriber,list_subscriber));

X Supress lower() function from SQL SELECT queries in user_table. This
makes query
much faster
(t/100) with MySQL.
You should therefore lowercase your database entries :
sympa.pl --lowercase

o Decode encoded header fields in web archives
o Changes: change connect string for PostgreSQL Did not work with Pg 7.1
(S. Herbert)
o Less restrictions on file names in shared (allow spaces)
o Changes in Spanish translations (P. Mingo, J. Roman)
o Updates of German translations (H. Wilhelmi)
o Czech templates update ([P. Prazak)

Bug fixes :

X Too many arguments for substr at CipherSaber.pm line 63
If you have Perl Perl 5.005 or earlier installed, you should either
upgrade
to Perl 5.6 or change CipherSaber::decrypt() to :

sub decrypt {
my $self = shift;
my ($iv, $message) = unpack("a10a*", +shift);
return $self->crypt($iv, $message);
}

o Could not parse visibility.conceal scenario
o Apply list visibility to WHICH command (hide secret lists)
o Could not set HTTP cookie if cookie_domain conf parameter was defined
o Missing comma (',') in Sybase SQL query (M. Bachmann)
o Sympa would die when receiving a REMIND command for an unknown list
o Sympa was erasing user preferences (including password) when loading
subscribers
file to
database (from wwsympa edit_list)
o Search in message body was looping if was not found
o Check if scenari dir exists
o Bug description: wwsympa died when editing list config : glob failed
(child exited
with status 1)
o Set list language for digest
o SET <list> <mode> did not work (Case-sensitivity problem)
o Corrections in documentation (D. Lewis)

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseau des Universités

  • Sympa 3.2 released, Olivier Salaun, 06/01/2001