en - Re: [en@sympa] Synchronizing members with remote MySQL fails

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: En <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [en@sympa] Synchronizing members with remote MySQL fails
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 16:32:39 +0900

Hi Gadi,

On 2023/03/31 13:41, Gadi Vivier wrote:

When I attempt to synchronize the members (using the Admin web interface), the connection to the remote database fails (access denied).

Could you please try this?

| include_sql_query
| db_type mysql
| db_options mysql_ssl=1
| db_env DBD_MYSQL_NOSSL=
| (... set the other parameters as neccessity ...)

Hi Soji,

I entered the "db_options" as " mysql_ssl=1" via the Admin web and it wrote that to the conf file okay.

db_options mysql_ssl=1

When I entered the "db_env" as "DBD_MYSQL_NOSSL=" it showed an error message of:

 ERROR (edit_list) - Syntax errors with the following parameters: environment variables for database connection

I then wrote it directly to the conf file, and tried again to synchronize, but no joy

db_env DBD_MYSQL_NOSSL=

I then removed the db_env string from the conf file and tried again to synchronize, but still a failed connection.

Oh. This appears to be a bug in Sympa. However it seems to work without
it, so db_env doesn't seem necessary for now.

So with "db_options mysql_ssl=1" in the conf file, the syslog says "SSL connection error: Enforcing SSL encryption is not supported"

Mar 31 06:38:01 ..... Sympa::DataSource::SQL::_open#47 > Sympa::DatabaseDriver::MySQL::connect#58 > Sympa::Database::connect#157 Can't connect to Database Sympa::DatabaseDriver::MySQL ..... : SSL connection error: Enforcing SSL encryption is not supported

Perhaps this may be a bug in the MariaDB client library.
cf. https://github.com/perl5-dbi/DBD-mysql/pull/339

A workaround is suggested that mysql_ssl_optional would be added to
db_options (mysql_ssl_optional was introduced on DBD::mysql 4.043):

db_options mysql_ssl=1;mysql_ssl_optional=1

This may possibly solve the problem.

For information for peole, if you don't mind, please also tell us the
version of the DBD::mysql module. ...

# perl -MDBD::mysql -e 'print $DBD::mysql::VERSION, "\n"'
4.050

Thanks for information!

-- Soji

--